About John Donley
John studied innovative construction project delivery systems while at CalPoly in 2013 and 2014. He finished a Masters of Science in Architecture in 2014. The new book and the concept of cooperation as an organizing principle of the industry arose from that study and the steady expansion of Cooperative techniques in use today.
After ten years as a carpenter, cabinetmaker and boatbuilder, John began a career as a consultant in dispute resolution and formed Donley Construction Consultants. He put his own company on hold and managed a $38 million project at the San Jose International Airport, now Minetta Airport. Then, working at High Point Rendel, John developed a speciality in solving construction disputes for school districts throughout California. Reopening Donley Construction Consultants in 1996, John eventually worked for over 60 school districts and over 500 consulting projects. He returned to academics in 2013 leading to this book and blog.
- Principal of Donley Construction Consultants
- DCC's services include project management and claims analysis
- More than 38 years experience in the construction industry
- Managed projects up to $38M,
- Testified in 6 County Superior Courts and Federal Court.
- General Building Contractor,
- ASPE Certified Professional Estimator,
- ICBO Certified Building Inspector,
- BPI Certified Building Analyst
- DSA Certified General Inspector
- B.S. Michigan State University, Master of Science, Architecture, CalPoly, San Luis Obispo, 2014